Thursday, February 26, 2009

The end of an era

It has happened - my husband has made me give up volleyball... Honestly, I think if he wouldn't have forced me I would have played up until I popped! The problem however, is that his reasons and my reasons are totally different. He thinks I am going to get hit in the stomach with a ball - what he doesn't understand is that is the LEAST likely way that I will get hurt out there... Here are the problems I see with me still playing - I still dive for short balls- now I dive on my side and my stomach doesn't touch the floor, but my knees are busing much easier and it is prolly very jarring for the baby. Adam said that if I want to play against the "scrub" teams that would be okay - the problem he doesn't see there is - playing against those team I am twice as likely to get hurt as they have no control over the ball, their bodies, or anything else for that matter... I am much more likely to come down on one of their feet and break an ankle than I am to get hit in the tummy...Well, whatever the reason, he has a point and I really need to stop. SO - until further notice, I am going into pregnancy retirement

I am going to join him starting next week in Adventure Boot camp! I am going to go at my own pace, but it is an hour 3 times per week of working out. His company is doing it to raise money for the American Heart Association and tying in a Biggest Loser Contest. I am just going to participate b/c it is a 2 for 1 deal and this will keep me active while I am not playing volleyball.

Is it Friday yet?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment