Monday, March 2, 2009

"Someone's got a case of the Mondays"

(From Office Space- in case you don't recognize the quote)

Well the weekend is over and the snow is gone... I wish I could say the same thing about the cold weather :(

It was a pretty busy weekend for the McFarlane's... We spent Saturday morning cleaning up the house and I ordered our nursery bedding from Target (I can't wait for it to get here). After that we made our way out the to the lake for Darcey's Baby shower (she lives on the lake and it is like 40 mins out of town - CRAZY if you ask me!! - But she has a GORGEOUS house). We stopped by The Baby's room in Rogers to pick up a gift and I TOTALLY fell in love with this store. I think we found the glider that we REALLY want in this store... it is a lot more than the one I am registered for at Target, but it is SOOOOOO comfy at it is more like a recliner than a rocking chair. I also picked up the 1st thing that I have bought for the baby (his 2nd gift as he already got a "fishy" from YAYA at the GA aquarium) I am posting the pic below as I think it fits him perfectly!!




After the shower (mind you it is still snowing and now the roads are getting icy) we headed back into town to attend the "Kiss a Pig" Gala for American Diabetes. It was FREEZING but it was still an enjoyable night of fun... we even won a few auction items (its for a good cause and tax deductible) after that event we headed back to Steve and Judy's to see if the Saturday night poker game was still going. It was (of course) so we sat down and played until about 1:30am - Adam decided to sleep while I played for the last hour, but when your winning you just can't stop!!!

Sunday was a little more laid back, but still no time at the house. We had to go pick up our winnings from the silent auction and then we went to lunch with the in-laws to outback - WHY on EARTH did they decide to get rid of the creamy onion soup?!?!?!?! UGH!!! It almost ruined my lunch!! (was that dramatic enough??) After lunch Judy and I went shopping and we picked up some very cute baby outfits, I got some new PJs, and a new dress (now the weather just needs to warm up so I can wear it)
It was a nice weekend, but I really could have used at least 1 more day!

Below is a pic of my 23 week belly... Onto week 24, the LAST week in the 2nd trimester...maybe now I will stay to get a belly




No cravings (besides anything edible) and I am feeling GREAT!!
Much Love

1 comment:

  1. We picked out our nursery bedroom furniture at The Baby's Room several weeks ago. I keep changing my mind about the set... Kevin likes one set and I like the other. His set is about $400 more, but it's cute. We are doing the Espresso finish crib set in her room. I love it. White is just to girly (even though we're having a girl... LOL)! I, also, love a recliner/swivel chair that they have at The Baby's Room... it is the green chair with the soft design. It reclines. Too cool. Bad thing is that it is $1000 for the stinking chair, but boy will Khloe and I be comfy! :o) Is that the one you liked? Your belly is looking so cute!

    ReplyDelete