Monday, April 6, 2009

Work on the nursery...

Hopefully I can stay awake to write this post... I had a horrible night sleep and then just had a huge lunch for one of my co-workers birthdays. Needless to say, I am dragging right now.

You would think that your body would want to get as much sleep as it possibly could NOW since once the baby arrives there is no more sleep - but NOOOOO - my body has to get up and pee or toss and turn - UGH!! I would love to have a night where I sleep for a solid 8 hours... It could be worse though - I could have a rough pregnancy on top of not sleeping... I'll be thankful for what I can get!
This weekend was great - especially Saturday... the weather was SO warm, we had all the windows and doors open... I put together the baby furniture while Adam brushed the dogs and replanted plants, and all that other manly stuff :)

Sunday felt like winter was back - it was windy and gloomy and just nasty!! We cleaned the house and decided how we wanted the baby's room laid out... We are still waiting on the chair and the crib to come in, so for now, I think we have the layout the way we want. The furniture looks GREAT - the wood is so pretty and I love the style... it looks much better than in the pictures. I have added some nursery pics below...










After moving furniture and cleaning all afternoon we went to an adoption party for our friends the Dovers... they have adopted their 2nd child (and their 1st childs older sister) Kylee. She is cute 6 yr old that is FULL of spirit and spunk and just as cute as her little brother Thatch.


I got to talk to all my sisters - YES, even Anndrea - who is back from the Middle East - WOOO HOOO!! They had a Birthday/Welcome Home party for Anndi and Gabi on Sunday... I'm bummed I live so far away and had to miss... BUT Anndi is coming to visit in May with the Kids!! I cant wait to see them and take Karsten to see a BIG WOO PIG!!

All in all it was a great week 28 of pregnancy... now on to 29...

I am still feeling great, just a bit tired. Lil J is 2 1/2 lbs this week and 15 inches long... I love it when he stretched out (for now he still has plenty of room) It is so fun to press on his heels when he shoves them into the sides of my belly. I hope they are feeling that I remember forever. Adam felt something this weekend - either a butt or his head and his reponse was "Oh My... do you realize you have a HUMAN BEING growing inside you?!?!?"


As for diet and exercise... I am attempting to go to boot camp this week - didnt do so well last week, but I did go for walks with the dogs. Diet - I am on the diet that I eat whatever I want, whenever I want... Might as well enjoy it!!

I am still craving Orange Julius and I am now getting hooked on root beer floats. And of course...fruit!! I have to have it! My husband is so sweet - since my other obsession right now is the bath tub... he has been sweet enough to cut up fruit and bring it to me in the tub at the end of my bath... I am so LUCKY!!

Here is my 28 week pic...


I am also attempting to add a video of all the crazy dogs as they chase the vacuum cleaner... they hate it, but they love to chase it and bark at it... It cracks me up!!


2 comments:

  1. Too funny... I love the vacuum video. LOL I am sorry that you are tossing and turning and can't get much sleep. My problem is the same, however, my belly is getting so big now and my back is having a hard time supporting the extra load. So, I have trouble pushing myself up in the morning to get out of bed. I have to hold on to a rail. UGH!! My back aches tremendously EVERY day most of the day... oh, I cannot wait until this is over! :( Did you get your 4D Ultrasound done? I can't wait to see the pictures and/or video!! Nursery is looking good! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather!! Sorry that you are starting to get so uncomfortable... Last night was better for me... I just have to surround myself with as many pillows as possible!

    I'm posting about the 4D today!

    ReplyDelete