Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Update 1 of 2 - Week 31 - SUPRISE PARTY WEEK

I have so much to update since I have not done it in 2 weeks - I decided I needed to break it up into parts - This first part is going to be week 31... now let's see if I can remember back this far... during week 30, I was in Battle Creek for 3 days which is the start of the reason I did not update my blog (I had to get caught up on work) PLUS - week 31 was a VERY eventful week.

There was a SURPRISE baby shower (for me) and then a SURPRISE birthday party (for Adam)

Let's start with my 30 week photo... still feeling great and still craving Orange Julius and Root Beer Floats... Luckily I am craving fruit too - so they balance each other out right?!?





Next - My co-workers got me SOOOOO good - they had my boss schedule a lunch with me and as we walked down to the car, he mentioned that he had to say hi to someone in the restaurant on the ground floor of our building and he made me walk in with him... well as I looked into the restaurant, I saw all my co-worker pointing cameras and video cameras and staring at me - it took me about 5 secs to realize that it was a shower for me... I was SO surprised!! I felt so special!! I am going to have to think of a creative way to thank my friends for doing this... I don't know if they realize how much it meant.


I got so many cute and useful presents, most everything is a animal theme since that is the nursery... here are a few pics and the rest are on the website below.






http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=ChaMcFarlane&target=ALBUM&id=5329777863166773361&authkey=Gv1sRgCP2AxfzF2b-TrwE&feat=email



The very next day I had a SURPRISE birthday party for Adam at Copeland's... I think I got him just as good as my co-workers got me... I had his Mom call and invite us to dinner (which he just wanted his Mom to cook) and we had to convince him (Jedi mind tricks) that he wanted to go to Copeland's. Before we left he insisted that he open his present - which he thought he was getting running shoes, to further this, I wrapped his real present in a shoe box. We didn't have a Asics shoe box so I used a Kenneth Cole that he had just gotten. His reaction to the shoe box was priceless - it was one of those "More black shoes, great"... then he opened the box and saw that I got him a new gorgeous watch, his excitement level was much higher about the watch :) After the big present, we left for the restaurant and, of course, he wanted to sit in the bar, well I walked right in and the lady knew that we were suppose to go to the banquet room, so I didn't even pause, I walked him right in and everyone yelled "SURPRISE"... it was classic! He said it was one of the best times in his life... I can't believe I pulled it off - I have NEVER surprised him before, so this was a milestone!!


Unfortunately I forgot the camera, so I don't have any pictures from the night, but we sure did have a good time!


Now on to the next update!!

Much love!

1 comment:

  1. How neat! I love your baby shower pictures... they are too cute... you look fabulous, girl!

    ReplyDelete